Located in beautiful Sausalito, CA, the Technical Design Manager is responsible for developing, managing, maintaining and enhancing the quality and consistency of fit and make of all product, including swimwear (surf shorts, rash guards, coverups) and lifestyle apparel (active apparel, knits, sweaters, wovens, dresses, outerwear and accessories).
- Fittings: Work on fit schedule with Production Manager, with proposed fitting schedule of 2-3 days per week.
- Fit Model: Manage and select Fit Model, checking measurements monthly.
- Fit Comments: Measure or remeasure garments when necessary, completing fit comments, sketches and diagrams (in Illustrator and Excel), updating measurements and grading.
- Block Specs: Create new block tech packs in conjunction with Design and Field Patternmakers, updating seasonally as needed.
- Tech Packs: Create new seasonal tech packs in conjunction with Design, including construction, measurements and grading.
- Grading: Continue to evaluate grading standards for consistency.
- Digital Pattern Library: Maintain and organize digital pattern library as needed.
- Calendar: Review and achieve calendar dates and deadlines.
- Communication: Correspond with all vendors and promptly respond to fit questions, reaching out to team on relevant information and decision making.
- Collaboration: Reach out and work closely with all Design team and Production team members. Drive weekly check in with manager.
Additional Projects May Include:
- QA: Evaluate QA concerns, spot measure garments to problem-solve.
- Product Quality: Continue to enhance and improve product quality and consistency for our customer/consumer.
- External Communication of Fit Standards: Continue to evaluate and clean up fit standards and base size as it appears to the consumer.
The ideal candidate has strong organization and communication skills, bringing a wide degree of creativity and latitude to the role. They should be able to successfully self-manage priorities, timelines and flow of work. This person must be a team player and work well within the company environment.