Since 1972 Coal Creek Meals on Wheels (CCMOW) has delivered high-quality, nutrient dense meals every weekday to individuals limited in physical capacity due to illness, age and/or disability. Through this service, our clients are able to live independently and maintain a quality of life that is better than they would otherwise experience. Daily interaction between our volunteers and clients decreases social isolation of the clients and creates opportunities for meal recipients to live independently.
In addition to daily weekday deliveries, CCMOW hosts an onsite dining program, serving up to 70 Lafayette-area seniors each weekday. Together with the onsite and delivery programs, CCMOW provides 160+ meals a day serving the communities of Lafayette, Louisville, Superior and Erie. The organization continues to innovate its programs with offerings such as Plates for Pets and Project Homecoming. CCMOW is a growing organization with highly engaged and dedicated staff, board members and volunteers.
About the Position
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic leader for our growing organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors and located in Lafayette, CO, the Executive Director leads the organization in its mission to provide daily nutritious meals and related support services to members of our community in need, helping them to live with dignity in their own homes.
With the Board, the Executive Director sets the vision and strategic plan, inspiring internal and external constituencies to work toward the organizational mission and goals and ensuring the fiscal health of the organization.
Fundraising & Financial Management
- Provide strategic oversight to achieve balanced and sustainable revenue growth for the organization.
- Implement the Benevon fundraising model to extend the organization’s reach and grow our circle of support.
- Proactively build ongoing relationships with funders and maintain a sense of shared accomplishment.
- Create, oversee and execute all fundraising campaigns, including:
- Colorado Gives Day and the year-end appeal.
- Annual fundraising luncheon and engage the board, fundraising committee, and table captains to successfully raise ten percent of the organization’s annual operating budget.
- Grant prospecting, proposal submission, and reporting.
- Customized corporate partnerships and sponsorships
- Understand the financial framework of the organization and monitor appropriate financial measures, including the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow. Regularly interpret and use financial data to make informed business decisions regarding budget administration.
- Work with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget to maintain financial stability.
- Secure resources necessary to ensure financial health and achievement of objectives.
Community Relations & Marketing
- Build and maintain relationships with community leaders, elected officials, and other stakeholders.
- Passionately educate the community about the issues of food insecurity and isolation among seniors, promoting the organization’s services and programs through public presentations.
- Seek innovative ways to build community relationships and strategic partnerships to increase fundraising potential.
- Host on-site tours of the operation and give off-site community presentations.
- Oversee marketing strategy execution, including:
- Website, social media and content strategy
- Marketing materials and annual reports
- Collaborate with community partners to avoid duplication of services and respond to gaps in services.
Program & Staff Development
- Foster a collaborative, mission-driven environment that engages, challenges, and supports team members in meeting organizational and personal goals.
- Monitor program quality, including conducting annual program evaluations, addressing issues and opportunities as they arise.
- Partner with Board to accommodate program expansion, identify and solve operational needs to manage growth.
- Use excellent formal and informal communication skills and active listening to support staff and volunteers.
- Recruit, support and develop staff members. Oversee and administer consistent HR policy in accordance with federal and state law.
- Leverage diversity, equity and inclusion to increase the organization’s relevance, reflecting the communities to be served.
Strategic Planning & Board Engagement
- Work in partnership with the Board Chair and Board of Directors to align the vision, strategy, and programs. Actively engage and enlist board participation and support for key initiatives including fundraising.
- Take a leadership role in driving a collaborative process with the Board and staff for ongoing development and execution of strategic and operational plans.
- Communicate key financial and programmatic performance indicators, serve as the voice of the organization, and provide counsel as needed for important board level decision-making.
- Work with board to effectively expand, diversify, and develop board membership in support of organizational goals.
- Identify opportunities to improve the organization’s programs and realize potential threats to the quality of its programs, and bring these opportunities and threats to the board.
- Five to seven years of non-profit or equivalent experience with successful executive-level leadership in a non-profit preferred.
- Experience in leading fundraising efforts and developing and managing budgets. Experience with organizational financial management.
- Demonstrated capabilities in strategic growth orientation, board administration, team leadership, employee management, and effective internal and external communication.
- Exceptional public speaking, relationship building and communication skills.
- Knowledge, experience, and demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ability and willingness to work an irregular, flexible schedule. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Salary range of $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience
- Free daily lunch
- Generous PTO policy
- 2% of annual salary contributions to Simple IRA
- Supplemental insurance contribution